In our daily lives, we all have tedious tasks that we never look forward to: paying the bills, cleaning the bathroom, filling up your gas tank, sorting through junk mail/”fan mail”, etc. (Well some people may find these exciting, but you’ll never see me jumping for joy.)
For me, one of my most daunting tasks is PLUCKING MY EYEBROWS! I cannot stand it. I absolutely hate plucking my eyebrows! I will procrastinate, and procrastinate until I am in complete danger of a uni-brow.
An alternative to plucking would be to wax my eyebrows, which I actually prefer to do. The hot wax actually feels good on your face…right up to the moment it’s ripped off ... but still not as bad as tweezers! However, I just can’t bring myself to pay to have someone wax my eyebrows, when I could just do it myself.
You may think it’s silly to make such a fuss over eyebrows. It’s ridiculous to be afraid of a little pair of tweezers, and if it is such a big deal I could just not do it. However, the consequences of not plucking at all can be equally frightening.
So why the big deal you ask. Well let me tell you. First there is the uncontrollable watering of the eyes. My eyes water so bad sometimes I have tears falling down my face. Next there is the unexplainable sneezing. I don’t know what it is, but every time I pull out the tweezers out it’s like I’m having an allergic reaction! Then, I have to worry about making sure my eyebrows are EVEN! If you haven’t figured it out yet, eyebrow plucking is not one of my strongest skills, and on many occasion I have walked away with two uneven eyebrows. One could be arched higher than the other or one thinner than the other. I could try to do the same to the other to make them equal, but having two super thin eyebrows or two oddly shaped eyebrows might stand out more than just one. (Sometimes I try telling myself that people’s eyebrows are somewhat overlooked, and hopefully no one will notice.) So, by the time I’m finished I have tears in my eyes, I’m sneezing, my head hurts, and most likely my eyebrows are uneven!
So when it comes to plucking my eyebrows it’s better to treat it as a Band-Aid, and rip it all off at once. And sometimes I would actually prefer to be paying my bills or cleaning the bathroom!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Things could be worse. There are some people that sneeze a lot, have watery eyes, and still have a single eyebrows that unevenly grace their foreheads.
I will say though (either because I am not observant, it truly isn't that big a deal, I'm just used to it, or because they aren't ever as bad as you make it out to be), I don't think I've ever seen you with eyebrows aberrant.
I know what you mean about hating this. I hate doing it so much, it's finally to the point that Sancho and I have monthly waxing appointments.
I used to feel the same way about my hair. Then one day I shaved it off and all my problems were solved. Perhaps you'd like to borrow my clippers?
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
I feel your eyebrow pain.
All I can say is, amen sister. I know exactly what you mean. To the point that I usually end up paying someone to do it periodically. I always try to stay caught up, but somehow they get away from me.
This reminded me of this blog entry.
http://makeyouover.blogspot.com/2010/04/eyebrow-tutorial-with-great-music.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MakeYouOver+%28Make+You+Over%29
Post a Comment